I absolutely love eggnog, but it is usually just too rich for me to drink it all by itself. While I do love homemade eggnog, I most often end up using it as flavoring for my coffee or in recipes. One of my favorite things to make with it are my eggnog cookies!
These eggnog cookies are great with a cup of coffee or tea, or you can go “old school” and pour yourself a big glass of milk and start dunking!
Eggnog Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup eggnog (try using my easy eggnog recipe)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- additional ground nutmeg for dusting
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat (it’s not required that you line the sheets, but this is a “wet cookie dough” and the parchment paper or mat helps to keep them from spreading out too much and makes clean-up a breeze!)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream the sugar and butter to form a grainy paste.
- Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and continue beating until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Do not overmix! The dough may seem a little “wetter” than your typical drop cookie dough. As long as your measurements are correct – don’t worry about that!
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on to baking sheets (if you aren’t using parchment paper or SIlpat, leave the cookie sheets ungreased). Flatten the tops slightly and dust lightly with nutmeg.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until the bottoms turn brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack immediately and let cool
Enjoy! Let me know if you made these and how they turned out for you!