We are continuing in our series on how to use essential oils. I have been using them regularly for a while now and words cannot begin to express what a difference that they have made in my life. I have more energy, have been getting much more restful sleep and even some digestive problems that I have been having are starting to improve.
If you missed any of the other posts in this series, be sure to check out my essential oils page for a listing of all the posts so far as well as a great deal on essential oils (and a free offer from me) in my Getting Started With Essential Oils post!
Grapefruit essential oil is also known as a dieters best friend! We’ve all heard of the grapefruit diet before. There is a reason that it was (and still is today!) so popular! Grapefruit helps with weight loss! And grapefruit oil can help you as well. As long as you are using Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils, you can add a few drops to your water to help you with weight loss (peppermint oil is also good for weight loss as it helps aid digestion)
But it’s powers go beyond weight loss! Here are 10 amazing uses for grapefruit essential oil!
- Grapefruit Oil is a Natural Antidepressant – That’s right – A natural antidepressant! The scent of grapefruit is uplifting and helps to relax your mind. Diffuse this oil or inhale it from the bottle to give your mood a boost!
- Grapefruit Oil Can Help With Migraines – Migraines can be rough. Grapefruit Oil can be successful in helping to relieve you from your migraine, especially if it is caused by stress. You can apply topically (to the temples or back of the neck) or use it aromatically!
- Grapefruit Oil Can Help Beat That Hangover – At some point we realize we are not as young as we once were and the night before can catch up to us. I remember in my younger days being able to toss back an entire bottle (or 2) of wine and wake up fine the next morning. Now, anything more than 2 glasses has be miserable the next morning! Use grapefruit oil to help with a hangover in a number of ways: Diffuse or inhale it. Or you can also add 1-2 drops to your water (this is my favorite way). Make sure to drink more water than you normally would to help re-hydrate your body!
- Grapefruit Oil is Great for Jet Lag – If you have been off jet setting around then you have experienced the power of jet lag. Next time, keep a bottle of grapefruit essential oil with you! A quick smell can help to elevate your energy levels and beat jet lag! I recently flew back & forth between Philadelphia & San Diego and I can tell you that this really worked for me!
- Grapefruit Oil is Good For Your Heart – Cardiovascular support is something you might be surprised to find out that grapefruit oil can help with! Add a few drops to your lotion and massage toward your heart.
- Grapefruit Oil is a Wonderful Disinfectant – If you have seen cleaners that have a grapefruit or citrus scent this is why! Orange oil seems to get most of the attention when it comes to cleaning, but grapefruit oil is also a natural disinfectant and works just as well. It’s just a matter of which scent you prefer.
- Grapefruit Oil Can Help with Overcoming Addictions – Addictions are hard to overcome. Grapefruit oil can help whether you are suffering from a drug or food addiction. Use 1-2 drops topically by rubbing into your stomach or the back of the neck when you feel a craving coming on. You can also inhale it.
- Grapefruit Oil Can Beat Cravings – Using grapefruit oil aromatically can help curb sugar cravings! It can also be used to help put a stop to emotional eating or binge-eating. The best way to use it for cravings is to inhale it.
- Grapefruit Oil Can Help to Reach Your Weight Loss Goals – Exposure to grapefruit oil has been shown to decrease your appetite and help you to lose weight. Use it aromatically throughout the day and also add 1-2 drops to your water. Not only will it make your water taste better (and help you increase your water intake for the day!) but it will also act as a supplement!
- Grapefruit Essential Oil Can Help to De stress – Keep stress at bay by diffusing grapefruit oil! This is a great oil to have in your office and work environment! (and don’t forget to check out my other methods for de-stressing your entire household!)
Do you have any other uses for Grapefruit Oil?
Find out more about Essential Oils on my Getting Started With Essential Oils post and be sure to check back as I share more awesome uses for the Essential Oils that are included in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit! Don’t forget that you can get a free Essential Oils Reference Book when you purchase a Premium Starter Kit!Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.