Today we are talking about one of my favorite scents the whole-wide world….Orange! Orange is a citrus scent that makes you think upbeat and happy! This scent can truly be uplifting and help to elevate your mood, give you a sense of energy and positive feelings. Who wouldn't want that? In addition to the great scent, orange oils can be used for so many other purposes than to just smelling nice!
Here is a list of 12 things that orange essential oil can do! If you have any other uses, make sure to add them in the comments!
- Relieve Stress – Diffuse orange essential oil (you will get an awesome diffuser in the essential oils starter kit) to relieve tension and stress! How can you be stressed when you are busy smelling something so positive?
- Ward off Insects. – Use orange as an insect repellent! Orange essential oil will help to keep away ticks, flies, and mosquitoes!
- Keep Away Moths – Put a few drops of orange essential oil on a cotton ball and keep it in your closet or drawers to keep moths away!
- Fight off Anxiety – Orange is great for calming your nervous system and your mind! If you suffer from anxiety try diffusing it or to inhale it.
- Perfect For Cleaning – Ever wonder why so many cleaning products have orange and orange scent in them? Orange is a great antibacterial and antiseptic Add orange oil to my 3 Homemade Stain Removers You Can Make for added “punch” and a great scent!
- Aid in Digestion – Add a drop of orange essential oil to your water to kick start your digestion! (BONUS: It will make your water taste delicious prompting you to drink more water!)
- Calm Nerves – Sometimes when I get nervous I can feel my stomach doing somersaults! Simply rub a few drops topically into your stomach to help calm it down and calm your nerves!
- Help Constipation – While constipation is something people don't like to talk about, it's something they like to experience even less! Add two drops of orange essential oil with two drops of coconut oil clockwise over your stomach 2-3 times a day if you suffer from constipation.
- Help With Fear – Add a drop to your wrist, the collar of your shirt, rub into your hair, or inhale it to help calm your nerves and feel empowered!
- Help With Menopause – Gently massage 2-3 drops of orange essential oil into the base of your neck and the front of your neck to help regulate your hormones. If you suffer from hot flashes you may also want to use peppermint!
- Orange Essential Oil Can Help With InsomniaWhile you may think that since orange is so uplifting that it would keep you up! But the truth is it's very calming which can help you if you suffer from insomnia!
- Orange Essential Oil Can Help To Feel Confident.Orange is a bold smell! Be confident and ready to tackle your day with this scent! Spray your clothes or wear it on your wrists. You can also use it topically by rubbing it into your abdomen.
Find out more about Essential Oils on my Getting Started With Essential Oils post and be sure to check back as I share more awesome uses for the Essential Oils that are included in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit! Don't forget that you can get a free Essential Oils Reference Book when you purchase a Premium Starter Kit!Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.