It is apple season – one of my favorite times of the year! Like me, you may be loving all the different varieties this time of year. It seems that every time I go to Wegmans, they have a new variety in stock in the 10-pound bags at rock-bottom prices!
What are your favorite apples this time of year? My favorites depend on what I want to to with them…..
Just eating one straight? It's got to be a Honeycrisp or a McIntosh (although when I send an apple in my children's lunch, I usually go with a Gala apple because they tend to be smaller so there is less waste). Making applesauce? I usually try to stick with a mixture of Pink Lady and McIntosh. For baking? Granny Smith or Jonagold apples. And for juicing recipes? I almost always go with Gala apples.
And I will tell you this….I don't think I have had a Red Delicious apple for about 20 years. When I was growing up, that was pretty much all my mom ever bought and now I can't stand the waxy feel of the skin or the “mealy” texture of the apple. But everyone has their own preference so use what you like best.
So if you are ready to take advantage of the apple bounty this Fall, here are 31 Fabulous recipes for apples Three of them actually “cheat” and use apple pie filling or apple cider, but I know you will for forgive me!
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe – This slow cooker apple butter recipe is just so stinkin' easy! Just throw everything in your slow cooker and wait for the apples to slowly caramelize with the sugar and spices!
- Easy Dutch Apple Pie Recipe – This Dutch Apple Pie recipe is so easy to make and your family will love it. Made only from real ingredients, you can feel good about serving this pie!
- Apple, Squash and Cherry Juice – This apple, butternut squash and cherry juice is sweetened with pears and has spinach juice thrown in for added nutrition. Not pretty, but it IS delicious!
- Homemade Apple Dumplings – These homemade apple dumplings are so easy to make and will fill your home with the most amazing aroma. Serve them for breakfast or dessert!
- Crock Pot Apple Crisp With Cranberries – This Crock Pot Apple Crisp recipe is so easy to make and is just delicious. Serve it for dessert with vanilla ice cream or even for breakfast with yogurt!
- Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting – the addition of apples baked right in make these cupcakes incredibly moist!
- Baked Pork Chops With Apples – apples are even fabulous in a savory dish and my family just loves these baked pork chops with a apple topping!
- Crockpot Steel Cut Oats Recipe with Apples and Cinnamon – Put this crockpot steel cut oats recipe together at night before bed and wake up to the wonderful smells of apple & cinnamon and a hearty hot breakfast!
- Easy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars Recipe – These caramel apple cheesecake bars are so easy to make and a decadent treat that your entire family is sure to love!
- Apple Cranberry Muffins – Want an easy muffin recipe that for all those apples? Sour cream added to the batter makes these apple cranberry muffins delicious and incredibly moist!
- Crockpot Spare Ribs – the addition of apples makes these crockpot spare ribs so juicy and sweet!
- Fried Apples Recipe | Copycat Cracker Barrel Recipe – Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Recipe! Eat it alone, pair it with pork, top it with vanilla ice cream – it is just delicious!
- How To Make Applesauce in the Crockpot – This applesauce is easy, healthy, and super yummy. Once you learn how to make applesauce in the crock pot, you won't want to go back to the store-bought kind!
- How To Make Baked Apple Chips – These baked apple chips are so easy to make and are absolutely delicious. They are a great ways to give your kids a healthy snack without reaching for a bag of potato chips!
- Apple Cranberry Pie In A Jar – these perfectly-portioned apple pies are cooked right in a jar!
- Freezer To Crockpot Cooking | Apples Recipes and Instructions – 5 delicious freezer meals that you can make that feature apples. Be sure to check the link in the post for the ingredients list!
- Candy Apple Pie Recipe – fried apples, caramel, pecans and a delicious creamy filling come together to make this candy apple pie!
- Mini Apple Cheesecakes – These mini apple cheesecakes are very easy to make and absolutely delicious – and by making them in a cupcake pan you can easily control portion size!
- Baked Apple Pie Roll Ups – These baked apple pie roll ups can do double duty as a breakfast or a dessert. Full of flavor, you will want to make them again and again!
- Homemade Apple Cider Donuts Recipe – Apple cider donuts are one of my favorite things to have when Fall comes and the weather is cooler. This recipe is so easy to make and one that your family will love!
What are your favorite recipes for apples?