Single-serve desserts are all the rage now and this Apple Cranberry Pie in a Jar will look fabulous on your holiday table! They are made in half-pint Mason Jars (yes – you can bake them right in the jar) and they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Apples and cranberries are just THE flavors for right now – they just SCREAM Thanksgiving and Christmas!
To make them, you will need:
- 1 package Ready made Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- 2 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/8 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- In a large sauce pan add water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and cornstarch.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce hat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Use inner lid from mason jar to trace pie tops on crust. Cut out and set aside.
- Take remaining crust and piece crust into jars to completely cover bottom and sides up to rim.
- Make sure you press crust to uniform thickness.
- Fill Jar 3/4 full with apple-cranberry mixture
- Use a small cookie cutter to create vent in crust.
- place crust on top of jar and press down in and crimp top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes or until crust is brown.
I would love to know if you made these and if you liked them!