Did you make my easy egg roll recipe yet? Well – now you need an egg roll dipping sauce recipe to go with it!
Now – I will be the first to admit that this doesn’t look exactly like the duck sauce that you get in the packets from the Chinese take-out restaurants, but it tastes pretty darn close. Besides – I have stumbled across old packets of duck sauce in my cabinets that I KNOW have been there for years and they still looked brand new – so I don’t really want to know what is added to the commercial duck sauce to give them such a long “shelf life”!
This recipe needs to be refrigerated for about 2 hours before you serve it (for the best taste, although you can make it and serve it immediately – it will just taste better if you give the flavors a few hours to blend first).
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce (in the Asian foods section of the grocery store)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (in the Asian Foods section of the grocery store)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small piece ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before using.
And that’s it! It’s such an easy egg roll dipping sauce to make, and chances are that once you make this, you won’t go back to those packets from the restaurant again!