Chocolate Glazed Baked Donut Recipe
Who doesn’t love donuts? They are sweet, fun to eat an portion-controlled. The only problem is, they are also often fried and you have no idea what is in them. This from-scratch donut recipe is baked on the oven, easy and fun to make.
One great thing about this recipe is that it is fun to make with the kids. They can help pour and mix the batter and even ice the donuts. I do try to get my children involved as much as possible in making breakfast and, along with my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes recipe and our “famous” French Toast Roll Ups With Cream Cheese and Strawberries recipe, this is one of their favorites to help with (shockingly, they are always more willing to help cook when it is something sweet!)
You will need to pick up the baked donut pan (you can probably also get it at Michael’s, AC Moore, etc. You will also find the candy melts at those stores for much less than on Amazon!). This donut recipe yields 12 donuts!
INGREDIENTS (yields 12)
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray Donut pan with non-stick spray
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring of the donut pan about 2/3 but make sure it doesn’t top center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess glaze to drip off and back in the bowl.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack.
- Wait a few minutes for the glaze to set.
- Heat Dark Cocoa Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip top of donut in chocolate glaze.