Recently, I teamed up with some of my fellow Savings.com DealPro Ambassadors in a challenge to create and swap some Fast Five Recipes. Fast Five recipes are ones that are simple to make, and can be on the table in less time that it takes you to order and get a pizza. The Savings.com Meal Planning Workshops encourage you to have at least 5 “go-to recipes” that can be prepared from scratch, yet are simple enough to make on those nights when you are running around with the kids, etc.
For this challenge, we each submitted a quick and easy recipe. In return, we were sent the recipe submitted by another Savings.com DealPro, a few goodies and a $20 gift card in order to purchase the ingredients for the recipe.
The recipe that I got to try was provided by Renae from How To Have It All and it was delicious. The best part is that this recipe can be so easily tweaked to include your favorite vegetables or even ones that you just have left over in the fridge! Serve with a side salad for dinner, or even with fresh fruit and have it for Sunday breakfast!
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 9 eggs
- 1 tsp basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat the broiler in your oven
- In a large cast iron or oven-safe non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes
- Add in the spinach and cook for a minute or two (until it starts to wilt)
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a bowl. Add salt, pepper & basil.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetable mixture and cook for about 5 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook under the broiler for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Cut in to wedges and serve with a side salad or fresh fruit
Do you need help coming up with your fast five meals? You can find more Fast Five Meals on Pinterest.
One Moms Need To Know reader will win a Fast Five Meal Gift Box with a surprise recipe, the ingredients and gift card to recreate the recipe.
To enter to win:
Leave a comment letting me know your favorite fast meal that you make on those hectic nights
Optional Bonus Entries (leave a comment for each one that you do):
1. Become a Moms Need To Know Daily Deal E-mail subscriber. Leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
*Subscription must be verified to count as a qualified entry
2. Become a Moms Need To Know Facebook fan and leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
*Like must be verified to count as a qualified entry
This giveaway will remain open until Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 3:00pm (EST) at which time I will pick a winner using the Comment Contest Plugin and notify the winner by email
(and don’t forget to check out my other open giveaways!)
Full Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Savings.com. I received a Fast Five Meal Gift box. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.