Baby, it's cold outside!
Pretty much the entire country is shivering through a polar vortex right now and what better way to warm you up to your toes than with a cup of soup? This crockpot bean and bacon soup recipe will fill you up with yummy goodness. Packed with fiber and protein, this crockpot bean and bacon soup can be a meal all on its own!
Best of all, it is a fairly inexpensive soup to make. Beans are cheap, as are the rest of the ingredients (even bacon goes on sale all the time). To make it you will need:
32 oz Dried Northern Beans
1 lb Bacon
2 Onions diced
1/2 lb Carrots diced
4 stalks Celery diced
4 cloves Garlic minced
4 cup Water
4 cup Chicken Broth
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
It only takes a few minutes to throw together!
First, you need to sort your beans and remove any debris or rocks
Cut up your bacon in to small pieces and fry it up until it is nice & crispy!
After that, just dump everything in to your crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours, then on low for another 6 hours. Remove the bay leaf and serve!
See the complete directions below!
Don't forget to try these other crockpot recipes:
- Crockpot Pulled Pork Recipe
- Freezer to Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Easy Recipe for Chili
- Homemade Applesauce in the Crockpot
Crockpot Bean & Bacon Soup
This hearty bean & bacon soup cooks up your crockpot and is just so delicious!
Yield – 6 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours
- 32 oz Dried Northern Beans
- 1 lb Bacon
- 2 Onions diced
- 1/2 lb Carrots diced
- 4 stalks Celery diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 cup Water
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Sort beans and remove any debris or rocks.
- Rinse beans under cold water.
- Cut bacon in to small pieces and fry in a skillet until crispy. Drain excess grease on a plate lined with paper towel
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 6 hours (until beans are tender)
- Remove bay leaf.