Welcome to Readers Want to Know! These are your questions answered from the emails that I receive and responses to surveys that I periodically post. For more answers, make sure you check out my Coupon 101 posts which will also include other “Readers Want To Know” posts!
Still have questions? Use this form to ask them!
The following question comes from Lisa :
What is the difference between manufacturer coupons, store coupons and getting a coupon from the product website? Are they all different and where do you find each??
HI Lisa! I'm glad you asked this because it can be confusing!
As a general rule:
- Issued by each individual store and typically can only be used at the store. They may be available on the store website, from store mailings, in-store coupon books and even occasionally in the Sunday inserts.
- Rite Aid offers store coupons through their Video Values program. Walgreens offers coupons through their monthly in-store Instant Value Coupons book. Check your Sunday inserts for Target store coupons!
- Some stores even offer store coupons through their own smartphone app (such as the Target Cartwheel app)
- Store coupons can be usually be stacked with manufacturers coupons for even greater savings (although some grocery stores will not allow coupons to be stacked – check with your local store for their policy!)
- These can come from many places: Sunday coupon inserts, printable coupon sites like Coupons.com, Smartsource.com, Redplum.com (all available for printing right here on Moms Need To Know).
- You can also check the websites and Facebook Fan pages of your favorite brands.
- Manufacturers coupons can often be found right in the aisles of your grocery stores. Look for coupon tearpads, bottle tags and peel-off coupons in your local store.
I hope this helps you understand the different between store coupons and manufacturers coupons Lisa!
You might want to check out these recently-asked questions:
- How many coupons can I use on 1 item?
- Understanding coupon purchase requirements
- Where can I find coupons?
- How many copies of the Sunday paper should I buy?
Have a question about using coupons? Head to my Coupon Questions page to ask them!