We've been in full-on “cookie mode” lately and with 3 kids, a husband and a business and household to run, easy Christmas cookies recipes are the key to getting the most done! I've shared a bunch of my cookie recipes with you (more links at the bottom of this post) and here is another one for you – Snowflake Cookies!
You will need a Snowflake Cookie Cutter if you don't already have one and I strongly suggest using a small piping tip from a basic cake decorating set (you can also easily pick both up at Michael's, AC Moore, Walmart, etc). but you can still pipe the icing using a sandwich bag with a TINY hold cut out of the corner. Get the kids involved in the action by letting them help you cut and decorate the cookies!
- 3 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- White Pearl Decorations
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and milk.
- Gradually add in flour.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half in plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Place remaining dough between parchment paper and roll to uniform 1/4″ thick and place in refrigerator to chill.
- Cut out stars and transfer to parchment coated cookie sheet.
- Gather and reroll remaining dough between parchment paper and roll to uniform 1/4″ thick and place in refrigerator to chill; cut out stars
- Bake in 375 degree oven about 7-8 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack. (otherwise they may lose their shape if you try to move them while they are still too hot/soft)
- To make the icing: Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat with a mixer until bubbly. Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated. Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer to pastry bag and pipe pattern on cookies.
- Place white pearl of icing at each point where icing lines cross.
Here are some more easy Christmas cookies recipes
- Eggnog Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Popcorn Balls For Christmas
- Cherry Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls
- Christmas S'Mores and more easy kids Christmas cookies recipes