Coconut Cream Pie is a mainstay on most holiday tables and this easy coconut pie recipe is sure to please! It is great dessert to bring to any get-together, especially around the holidays, because it doesn't take much effort but yields amazing results!
This coconut cream pie recipe uses cream of coconut, and coconut milk, but you can substitute regular milk instead of the coconut milk if you'd like. By using coconut milk and cream of coconut, you get rid of much of the “instant pudding mix” taste that so many other pies have. You can certainly make the filling completely from scratch, but if you are making several pies for a holiday dinner, this is one recipe that can be nicely done using a mix, without your guests knowing that it is from a mix!
To make it, you will need:
- Instant vanilla pudding mix (5.1 oz)
- 15 oz. can cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups coconut, divided
- Prepared Graham Cracker Crust (or make your own)
- Cool Whip topping or Whipped Cream (or make your own homemade whipped cream)
- Combine the vanilla pudding mix, cream of coconut, vanilla extract, and milk – whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup coconut. Stir to combine.
- Pour into graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip or your favorite whipped cream recipe.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining coconut and cook to toast, stirring frequently (careful – it will burn easily!)
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top of pie.
- Serve and enjoy chilled.
Do you have a favorite easy coconut pie recipe? Share it in the comments! (and don't forget to check out my easy chocolate pie recipe for another great pie for your holiday table or even just a weeknight!)