With all the running around that we do, sometimes we just want an easy dinner idea that we can throw together quickly and that our children will enjoy. These ham and cheese pinwheels are exactly that! It takes just a few minutes to assemble them and they cook in just about 12 minutes. As an added bonus, they can also do “double-duty” as an appetizer/finger food at parties!
These are made with cheddar cheese, but give other cheeses a try. My children prefer when I use mozzarella cheese or even American cheese, as they end up being more “gooey” once they are cooked. I just think they look better with cheddar!
To make them, you will need:
Making them is easy!
Simply unroll the crescent rolls and pinch together the seams to form a solid sheet. Top with the mustard or mayonnaise (optional), ham and cheese.
Starting at one end, tightly roll the sheet up in to a log.
Using a very sharp knife, slice the roll in to about 10 even pieces. Place on cookie sheet and bake!
Scroll down for the complete directions!
You might also want to try these other easy dinner ideas:
- 1 package refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 5 - 6 oz Sliced Cooked Ham
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 2 tsp mustard or mayonnaise (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper
- Unroll dough onto prepared sheet and crimp together all seams to form a solid sheet.
- Spread mustard or mayonnaise over dough (optional)
- Spread cheese evenly over the dough. Top with the ham.
- Starting from the long side, roll up tightly to form a log.
- Slice into 10-12 slices with a sharp knife.
- Place slices on baking sheet and cook for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.