One of my favorite things about the summer is the it is so much easier to “eat lighter”. When the weather is warmer, you really don't WANT to eat anything heavy so a salad becomes a perfect meal!
My favorite salad dressing is still my creamy poppy seed dressing, but sometimes you just want something a little different and this pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing is really easy to make, tastes delicious and is a nice change!
When I can get fresh pomegranates, I like to make it with fresh pomegranate juice using my Breville juicer, but you can also use a blender to make fresh pomegranate juice (for more tips on juicing pomegranates, check here). Be sure to save a few of the seeds to sprinkle over your salad for an extra burst of flavor!
If you don't want to get involved with making your own pomegranate juice, you can always just buy it at the grocery store. Just make sure to get pure pomegranate juice with no sugar added!
You are going to want to be sure to start making this dressing at least an hour before you want to serve it. It is going to need time to boil and then time to cool. It will keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week, so you can always make a double batch and then have enough for the week.
Scroll down for the recipe!
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Place pomegranate juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil the juice for about 15 minutes until it is reduced to about ⅓ cup.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining ingredients in to the juice and allow to cool completely before serving
- Drizzle over your favorite salad.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.