Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
With football season here, there are few things that I like better than making an easy spinach artichoke dip! We like to pretend that it is healthy because – HEY! Two vegetables RIGHT IN THE NAME! But then we remember all that wonderful and delicious sour cream and cheese that we add to it and realize that it is time to stop fooling ourselves. It's not healthy – but oh, it is good! Next to my favorite homemade dip for Doritos, this is one of my favorites!
This is a slight variation of the traditional spinach artichoke dip. Most recipes call for frozen spinach, mayonnaise and parmesan cheese, but this one is geared towards the person who likes a little more “ooey gooey-ness” (that is a technical term).
What you'll need:
- 2 (13.5oz) Cans of Spinach (you can also substitute 2-3 9 oz packages of frozen spinach, completely thawed and drained)
- 8 oz (1 block) Cream Cheese
- 1 (13.5 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 tbs garlic salt
- 8 oz block mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- In a large mixing bowl add spinach, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, sour cream, garlic salt, and half (4 oz) of mozzarella cheese. (If using frozen spinach, add 2 of the packages of frozen spinach, mix and check visually if you should add more – you will just be able to tell by looking at it! ) Mix well.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish and top with remaining 4 oz mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese bubbles and browns.
Serve with pita chips, crackers or you can really try to fool yourself in to thinking it is healthy and serve it with carrot and celery sticks!