Welcome back to Freezer to Crockpot Cooking! This week we are focusing on Mexican-themed recipes. These are recipes that you can assemble in advance and just place in your freezer for when you need an easy meal.
This week we are creating 4 simple yet delicious Mexican-inspired meals that are sure to please the whole family. Protein packed with chicken and plenty of beans these dishes are a great alternative to beef. If you want to cut down on the sodium from the canned goods drain all your beans, and corn, then rinse them thoroughly allow to drain.
This week we will be making:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
- Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Lime Tex-Mex Chicken
As a reminder: these recipes will all make standard-sized portions for a family of four. If you have a larger family or like larger portions or want leftovers (or just want to make more of each), feel free to double or triple this list!
If you do not already have a crockpot or need a new one this is a fantastic model, with plenty of room, you could even double these recipes and fit it in. It’s portable and super convenient for pot-lucks, showers, and other parties. If you want a smaller one, I have this one (I actually have 4 slow cookers!) and love it as well!
Ok! It’s time to get shopping! This week, you will need to buy:
- 8-10 large chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz. can of pinto beans
- 2- 16 oz. cans black beans
- 2-15 oz. cans corn
- 1-14.5 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1-14 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1-8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1-16 oz. jar of salsa
- 1 pack tortillas (corn tortillas are usually recommended for freezing and reheating, but I actually prefer flour)
- 2-10 oz. cans enchilada sauce
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion
Pantry Items: If your pantry is lacking the following items don’t forget to add them to your shopping list!
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Garlic
- Chicken Broth
Note: I actually like to double the number of beans in these dishes. It gives you extra protein and fiber and makes the meal a little more filling!
Need more slow cooker recipes that are great for freezer cooking? See all of the other weeks in this series: