Ok – how delicious do these cupcakes look? With the weather getting cooler, the kids are asking for hot chocolate almost every day. Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows? GOOD. Cupcakes? GOOD! Even better? A combination of the two! Your kids are going to love these (and you probably will as well) and they are fairly easy to make – just a few extra steps more than making “regular” cupcakes with a store-bought mix!
Just look at the inside of these bad boys:
Are you drooling yet? Well then, let’s get started! To make them, you will need:
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 chocolate cake mix + the ingredients called for in the directions on the box
Marshmallow filling and Icing
- 1.5 sticks softened butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 7 oz jar Fluff Marshmallow
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 colorful straws
- Make cupcakes according to box instructions. Allow to cool completely
- To make the icing/filling Beat butter in a mixing bowl or stand mixer until creamy
- Add in confectioners sugar a little bit at a time until all is added and blended
- Add in vanilla and marshmallow blend well
- After cupcakes have cooled cut a small cone in to the top of your cupcake with a knife. This is very simple (see picture). Remove the cut piece of cupcake and set to side.
- Place your frosting in a plastic bag or in a pastry bag and squeeze frosting into the hole you just created
- Trim your piece of cupcake that you removed and place back on top.
- Swirl your frosting on top of your cupcake.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips and straw.
- Try not to eat them all at once