There are very few things that my children like more than pancakes for breakfast (although my cinnamon sugar donut holes are close second). We haven't purchased pancake mix for years – I always make it from scratch and on a busy weekday morning, the last thing I want to be doing is grabbing the flour, sugar, etc to make them pancakes for breakfast. Sure – it is only a few extra minutes, but at 6:00am when my coffee has yet to “kick in”, those extra few minutes can seem like an eternity.
Having this homemade pancake mix ready to go just seems to make the decision to have pancakes for breakfast easier. And I will let you in on a little secret – I usually mix up a double batch of this mix and then divide it out it to Ziploc bags (2 cups of mix per bag) and then write on the front of each bag what to add to make a batch of pancakes. That way, I just grab a bag and dump it in to a bowl! When we spend a week at my dad's house at the beach each year, I just grab a few bags and we save on breakfast at the shore by making pancakes at the house.
Try mixing up a batch of this mix and see if it doesn't make the morning rush just a little easier.
Scroll down for the recipe!
Want more copycat recipes of your favorite? Try these:
- How to Make Your Own Brown Sugar
- Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce – Copycat Sweet Baby Rays Recipe!
- Homemade Nutella Recipe
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix Recipe
- 6 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Store in an air-tight container
- So make pancakes: combine 1 cup of mix with 1 egg and 1 cup milk and make pancakes as usual