I just love making bar cookies because it is an easy way to cook up a big batch at once and also because they tend to stay uniformly moist with no dried-out edges. This mint blondie bars recipe is so easy to make and by using green mint M&M's, it makes a perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day!
The mint flavor in this recipe comes from using mint-flavored M&M's. You should be able to find them at most stores right now and even all year long (and you can always find them on Amazon or other online retailers.
Don't like the flavor of mint? Just replace the mint-flavored M&M's with regular ones (or your favorite flavor). Can't find mint M&M's? Just add a little bit of mint extract (NOT peppermint extract). Just be careful with the mint extract. A little TRULY does go a long way!
To make them, you will need:
2/3 cup Butter
2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Green Mint M&M's!
Scroll down for complete directions!
You might also want to try these recipes:
- Copycat Shamrock Shake Recipe
- Homemade Corn Dogs Recipe
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Mint Blondie Bars Recipe | St. Patrick's Day Idea!
These Mint Blondie Bars are so easy to make and great to take to any party. The perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day or any day of the week!
Yield – 12 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Green Mint M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9×13 Pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a medium sized saucepan and heat.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add Eggs one at a time. Stir until incorporated.
- Add Vanilla.
- Add Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking powder until combined.
- Add half Chocolate Chips.
- Add half M&M's and stir.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Top with remaining M&M's and remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool until slightly warm.