The Summer season officially kicks of Memorial Day weekend and that means that we are going to want all sorts of refreshing drinks to keep us cool this summer! This sparkling blueberry lemonade recipe is so easy to make and is very refreshing!
The beauty of this recipe is that it can be served as a family-friendly drink or you can make it a little more “grown up” by spiking it with the alcohol of your choice (vodka would probably be best). Of course if you plan to serve this to a crowd that includes both children and adults, it would probably be wisest to just place the alcohol next to the un-spiked lemonade and let your guests add it themselves so that you don't take a chance on a kid picking up a glass of the “grown up version”!
Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 oz blueberries
- 4 cups club soda, seltzer water or distilled water
- Ice for serving; Additional blueberries and lemon slices for garnish
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and blueberries in a blender of food processor.
- Puree mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture in to a large pitcher. (If you are serving this to picky-eaters, you might want to strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sive to remove any blueberry seeds)
- Add sparkling water to fill the pitcher.
- Pour in to glasses filled with ice and garnish with additional blueberries and lemon slices.
Serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite drink that you like to enjoy in the summer?