As I have said many times, I live near an extremely coupon-friendly Target. However, many do not and have had problems with their local store. Many a couponer has been frustrated at Target by cashiers and even managers making up any reason that they could think of to NOT accept their valid coupons.
Well, Target has finally published their coupon policy online! The two best parts of the written policy? They clearly state that you can use a manufacturers coupon AND a Target coupon on an item….and that they will adjust the value of a coupon down when it exceeds the purchase price (handy when you are using $1 coupons to get free trial size items)
Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it’s easy to use them at our stores.
• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons
Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.
When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:
• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you’re checking out.
I highly recommend printing out a copy of this policy and keeping it in your coupon binder.