The last month of my life has been a whirlwind for a variety of reasons and I don’t see it letting up anytime soon (both the good and the insanity-inducing). And so, in an effort to be all reflectivey and to give you guys a little peek in to my non-couponing life (which you may or may not want) I’m jumping in to my friend Jo-Lynne’s weekly “What I learned this week”
1. Rain + Halloween = quite a bit of leftover Halloween candy. From now on I only buy candy that I do not like because the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups are calling me!
2. Any cold that my children have will be multiplied by ten and passed on to me. Oh – and migraines suck (had my first migraine ever this week. Thank goodness for all the free Excedrin Migraine that I had)!
3. It is ok to ask for help when you need it. It does not make me weak to do so. (this is extremely hard for me).
4. Baseball can actually be a little exciting (go Phillies!)
5. I am going to need a Home Equity Loan to make good on all the promises of toys and goodies that I have made to my 3-year old daughter if she would only start using the potty!
6. Don’t feed the trolls. Just delete their hateful comments/emails and keep dancing. (edited to add: unless they are stupid enough to post things like “I hope you die” from their workplace twice in less than 18 hours. Then you call their company and report them!)
7. My husband is going to lift the crockpot lid to peek, no matter how many times I threaten to remove his liver with a pickle fork if he does. I need to either start duct-taping the lid shut, or get over it.
8. I was very smart for refusing to throw away all that jewelry from the late 80s and early 90s because most of it is back in style. The ripped acid-wash jeans? Not so much!
9. I need to “man up” and finally get a mammogram.
10. Preparing the house and family for me to be away for 3 days will take 6 days to do.
Did you learn anything this week?