Mashed potatoes are a favorite side dish in our house and I always seem to make too much of them. We will save the leftovers, but they are never as good the next day after being put in the microwave! These cheesy potato muffins are a great way to use up the leftover mashed potatoes and have something different the next day!
If you don't have any leftover mashed potatoes, but still want to make these, you can just use your favorite mashed potatoes recipe (or try my crockpot mashed potatoes!)
A few notes about these cheesy potato muffins:
- Since leftover mashed potatoes have already been seasoned, you probably won't need additional salt and pepper for this recipe.
- Please keep in mind that the Parmesan is quite salty, so just be aware of that before adding extra.
- You can use any kind of cheese you want, but I suggest keeping the Parmesan. It does an awesome job of helping these firm up, especially once they cool.
- If you want an extra crispy outside, you can crank the oven up to 500 degrees in the last 5 or 10 minutes of baking.
- You can also use whatever kind of herbs you like or none at all.
- Sliced green onions would also be delicious and give a nice little pop of crunch and freshness! Add them to the mixture before baking of sprinkle them on top after baking (or both!)
Scroll down for the recipe!