Making chicken wings in the oven is a way to have lots of flavor, with less fat. These baked honey chipotle chicken wings are great for any party!
My husband and his friend love to make chicken wings….I mean – every single Sunday during football season and any other time they can think of an excuse.
There is only one problem with that (aside from the fact that I am not a big fan of wings) – they like to use the deep-fat fryer (this is the one that we have).
Why is that bad? Because in addition to deep fried chicken every week not being particularly good for you, the stench from the oil is just starting to leave the house when they are starting all over again! They do move the fryer out to the back deck in the summer and take it to the garage (with the door to the outside open) in Fall and Spring but in the winter? My house ends up smelling like a fast-food restaurant for days and I can't stand it (although I have found that diffusing Purification oil helps to neutralize the smell a bit)
So I figured there has to be a better way to make wings that keep all the flavors, but are healthier and don't stink up my house and so I decided to start having them making chicken wings in the oven.
They weren't thrilled about it at first (I guess deep-frying everything to within an inch of its life is a “guy thing), but once they tried my Baked Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings, they were somewhat convinced (and my kids just love them!)!
These are perfect for game day or any party, are so easy to make and the best thing is that you make the sauce from scratch, so you know exactly what is in it!
To make them, you will need:
- 2 1/2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Making them is easy!
After boiling your wings for about 9 minutes, dry them off and place them on a baking sheet or broiler pan.
Bake for 25 minutes, flip and them and bake for another 15 minutes or until desired crispiness
Put all the other ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smoothe.
Toss the cooked wings in the sauce and serve!
Scroll down for the complete directions for making chicken wings in the oven!
- 2½ lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1½ tbsp Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separate the wings from the drummettes using a chef's knife
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil the chicken in water for 9 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Dry the chicken with paper towels and place on a rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn each piece and bake an additional 15 minutes or until desired crispness
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Remove the wings from oven and toss in the sauce to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!