If you are looking for another easy cookie recipe, you need to try this one! We made these Candy Cane Blossom Cookies when I had the opportunity to visit the Hershey Test Kitchens and participate in a cookie swap with the children of the Milton Hershey School (seriously – you should read the story of my trip. What I learned about Hershey and especially the Milton Hershey school made me incredible loyal to Hershey…not that I really needed another reason to love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) . This is just one of the recipes that we made!
Recipe: Candy Cane Cookie Blossoms
- 48 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Candy Mint Candies
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then flatten slightly.
- Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven and press a Hershey Kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely
Of course, you can mix this up and use just regular Hershey Kisses throughout the year! My children actually prefer this cookie with the traditional Kisses.