Are you looking for another cute treat to make for Thanksgiving, especially one that you can make with your children? If you already made the Rice Krispie Turkey treats and want something else, then you are going to want to make these Reese's Pilgrim Hats!
This is also a great way to use up any leftover Halloween candy, if you still have it. While peanut butter cups are usually the first to be devoured in our house, the Laffy Taffy seems to stick around until I just end up throwing it away (especially banana flavored – it's just NOT my favorite!)
These are super simple to make and easy enough for the children to give you a hand. You might want to help then with making the yellow band around the base of the peanut butter cup, since that takes a steady hand but, for the most part, children over the age of about 7 or 8 should be able to make these with very little assistance!
To make them, you will need:
- 12 Reese's Miniatures
- 12 Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1/2 cup Yellow Candy Melting Chips
- 1 Yellow Laffy Taffy
- Place Reese's in freezer for 10 minutes or until firm
- Lay cookie on wax paper.
- Heat Yellow Candy Chips in small plate by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Remove wrappers from Reese's
- Dip Reese's (larger side down) into the melted candy about 1/8″ and place onto center of cookie. Use a toothpick to evenly spread the chocolate up a little bit on the peanut butter cup to create a “hat band”
- Cut taffy in to 1/4″ squares to use as buckles for the pilgrim hat.
- Use a toothpick to place a little melted chocolate on the back of of the taffy buckle and place on hatband.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes or until firm.
Do you have any fun treats that you like to make for Thanksgiving?