One of the best parts of this recipe? You make it the night before, saving you plenty of time in the morning!
3/4 C butter, melted
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
15 to 18 slices white bread
1 3/4 to 2 C milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease/Pam/Butter a 9x13 baking dish
2. Pour butter into the dish and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon into the dish. Top with the apple pie filling.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
4. Layer the bread slices on top of the apple pie filling, pressing down firmly so that they get all nice and smooshed down onto the apple pie/butter mixture. You can alternate layers of bread with pouring the egg mixture so that every layer is thoroughly saturated. Make sure that you pour SLOWLY, so as to avoid spillovers!
5. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
6. Uncover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. If desired, drizzle with syrup and put in the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize (I usually just sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve).