Who doesn't love a great Rice Krispie treats recipe? This one is made with Cocoa Krispies and now only will it be a crowd-pleaser, it is simple enough that you can make it with your children!
To make the antlers, you will need to Wilton Harvest 6 Piece Mini Metal Cookie Cutter Set, but you can probably still easily pick this up at your local AC Moore, Michael's, etc. Target and Walmart may even have it in their seasonal sections!
You will need:
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 12 candy eyes
- 18 Kraft caramels
- 6 Red Candy Decorations (you can use red M&M's - just when you place them, put the "logo side" facing down)
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Cocoa Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 pan by spraying with cooking spray or coating with butter.
- Butter a spoon or your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture evenly in to the pan. Let cool.
- After cooling, cut into rectangles or squares.
- Heat a caramel for 8 seconds.
- Pour caramel on to wax paper, place another sheet of wax paper on top of it and roll it large enough to use leaf cookie cutter. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut antler with leaf cookie cutter and place on treat
- Repeat for other antler.
- Roll another caramel into a round to make face.
- Place eyes and nose.
- Repeat for other treats.
Note: If you can work quickly, you can do the antlers in a batch of several at once. Just melt several caramels and roll them out, allow to cool and cut with the cookie cutter. The excess caramel can easily be remelted!
What are some of your favorite Rice Krispie Treats recipe?