Welcome to my series “Freezer to Crockpot Cooking”. This series will focus on crockpot meals that are ideal for freezer bulk cooking. Each week I will post the shopping list by Tuesday and then the complete recipes and instructions on Friday.
Here are 4 simple, fantastic appetizers for your crockpot that can be made ahead and tossed into freezer to be waiting for game day! Make no mistake these are not light, diet foods. They are rich, hearty, calorie laden appetizers meant to be devoured in bulk. Save the diet for Monday morning. Sunday night football is no time for a salad, right?
In Week 2, we are going to focus on appetizers (perfect for watching those Steelers games – you ARE watching the Steelers, right?) and will be making:
- Crockpot Beer & Barbecue Meatballs
- Crockpot Sweet & Saucy Kielbasa Bites
- Crockpot Spinach Dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Your Shopping List below will make 1 of each dish, ready to go in the freezer. If you are feeling motivated, feel free to double or triple this shopping list to make 2 or 3 of each!
Start by gathering up your ingredients. Here is what you’ll need:
- 3 lbs frozen meatballs (although I make and freeze my own homemade turkey meatballs that my family LOVES)
- 2 -14 oz. packages of kielbasa
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- 4- 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 bottle of ranch dressing
- 1-12oz. bottle of buffalo-flavored hot sauce
- 1-8 oz. package of mozzarella cheese
- 1-8oz. package of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 container of parmesan cheese
- 2 -10 oz. package of frozen spinach
- Gallon freezer bags
- Quart freezer bags
- (at the time of cooking you will need ½ a bottle of beer for meatballs and ½ bottle for kielbasa)
If you do not have these things in your pantry, don’t forget to add them to your list:
- Brown sugar
- Spicy brown mustard
- Garlic salt
- Diced dry onion
- Salt and pepper
Come back on Friday to see how to put it all together!
Need more slow cooker recipes that are great for freezer cooking? See all of the other weeks in this series: