So we have gone over a few desserts that would be perfect for a 4th of July party, and you even have an amazing recipe for Broccoli salad that you can serve….but we have yet to talk about what is often the star of the show at any backyard barbecue….the burger!
And before you say “A burger is a burger”, I suppose that it true….but not really. If that were true, there wouldn’t be so many restaurants that just center around that 1/4 pound of meat on a bun! So go ahead and serve a few “boring burgers” if you must….but put these Jalapeno and Pepper Jack Cheese Burgers with Picante Mayonnaise on the menu as well and spice up your barbecue!
To make them, you will need:
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Chuck
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh Ground Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 large Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Picante Sauce
- Pickled Jalapeno Slices (to taste)
- Red Onion Slices (optional)
- Tomato Slices (optional)
- Iceberg Lettuce (optional)
- Add a few dashes Worcestershire sauce to the meat. Work sauce through the meat and divide meat into 4 6 oz burgers patties.
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle seasoning mix on both sides of each patty.
- Mix mayonnaise and picante sauce in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Place hamburger patties on a skillet or grill and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes (until lightly charred).
- Flip and cook the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Place one slice of cheese on each burger and cover skillet until cheese melts (if cooking on a grill, invert a cast iron skillet over the burger to help the cheese melt quickly without overcooking your burger).
- Apply a layer of picante mayonnaise to both sides of bun.
- Dress bun with lettuce, tomato and onion (as desired).
- Place patty on top of bottom bun and the toppings.
- Top patty with jalapeno slices.
- Top with bun.
Serve and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite burger recipe?