Desserts are always a big weakness of mine so whenever I can, I try to make them in individual serving sizes. I am sure many many people have more willpower than I do, but if I am cutting a cheesecake, it is just too easy to cut a larger slice and over-indulge!
By making these mini apple cheesecakes in a cupcake tin, they are the perfect serving size. If you like, you could even make them in a mini muffin pan (although you will have to be WAY more precise with the apple topping if you are using the mini muffins).
These make a great buffet style dessert, they will look adorable in a cute gift box for giving or on a cookie tray, and are a fun family treat. They really are great!
One of the great things about this recipe is that these mini apple cheesecakes will freeze beautifully once they are baked. You can store any leftovers in the freezer (yeah – like you are going to have any leftovers!). If you are having a party you can make them in advance, freeze them and then just thaw them the day of your party….or keep them in the freezer for whenever you feel like a mini indulgence.
Be sure to switch up the pie fillings when you make these. While I used apple pie filling, these are just as delicious if you use cherry, blueberry or really any pie filling! If you don't want to use canned pie filling, you can always top it with my copycat Cracker Barrel fried apples recipe (just chop the apples a little smaller).
Scroll down for the recipe!
- 20 oz can apple pie filling (or pie filling of your choice)
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line 9 of the cups of a muffin/cupcake pan with paper liners
- Combine the melted butter and the graham cracker crumbs, mixing well
- Divide the mixture between the 9 lined cups, pressing gently to form the bottom crust
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar
- Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix until completely blended and creamy.
- Divide the filling between the 9 lined cups (about ⅔ full each).
- Put a tablespoon of apple pie filling on top of the cheesecake filling and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow the cheesecakes to completely cool while still in the pan.
- Remove cheesecakes from the pan, serve and enjoy!