So after I made my Lemon Pound Cake for my children, I was looking for a use for the leftover egg whites and decided to make a breakfast egg bake. Nobody else in my family will eat meat substitutes, so I wrapped up the other 5 servings in individual bags and froze them. Now I have a great breakfast ready to go! Just pull one out of the freezer the night before to defrost and microwave to reheat!
Recipe: Weight Watcher Friendly Breakfast Egg Bake
Summary: stave off the mid-morning crash with a protein-packed breakfast!
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 Morningstar Farms sausage patties, prepared according to package directions and chopped
- 1/4 lb shredded gruyere or swiss cheese
- 3 slices reduced-calorie whole wheat bread, cubed
- salt & pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray a 9"x6" pan with non-stick spray
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring well to make sure that all bread has been coated by the eggs.
- Pour mixture in to prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6 Points per serving
Preparation time: 15 minutes + refrigeration time
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)