I made this the other night and it was AMAZING! It is absolutely my entire family's favorite recipe!
Chicken Linguine CarbonaraPrint
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta chopped or 8 oz. bacon, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 lb. linguine
- 4 cups coarsely chopped chicken
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- In a frying pan large enough to hold the finished product, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the pancetta (or bacon) and garlic and saute until it is brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Cool slightly. (if using bacon, remove from pan to drain on paper towel and discard the bacon fat in the pan)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the linguine and cook until it is just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the cream, cheese, yolks, basil, and parsley in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pan with the pancetta or bacon
- Next, add the spaghetti and the cream mixture and toss over medium-low heat until the chicken and sauce is heated through and the sauce coats the spaghetti thickly, about 4-6 minutes (do not let the mixture come to a boil)
- Season the pasta, to taste, with pepper and salt if needed
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the pasta and serve.