These brownie hearts with raspberry buttercream filling are so easy to make and perfect to take to any party! Your children will love helping you make them!
These brownie hearts with raspberry buttercream filling are so easy to make and they taste just simply amazing! Fresh raspberries can be pricey, but you can keep your costs down by using frozen raspberries. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain out all the excess juice!
This would be a great recipe to make with your children as well. My children love to help make brownies and can handle a cookie cutter with no problem! Let them help you make them and then they can take them in to school as a treat for their Valentine’s Day parties (if their school still allows sweets to be brought in – ours no longer does for most events).
To make these brownie hearts, you will need:
For the brownies:
- 1 box 13′ x 9′ Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix + ingredients to make the brownies (see box directions)
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 4 oz Raspberries
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
Making them is easy!
Simply prepare the brownies according to the box directions and allow to cool completely. Remove the brownies from the pan (in 1 piece) and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut as many heart shapes as possible.
Puree the raspberries in a food processor or blender
Cream together the raspberry puree and butter. Add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy
Then just pipe filling on top of a brownie heart, top with another brownie heart and dust with powdered sugar!
Scroll down for the complete directions!
You might also want to try these other recipes:
- Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Filled Cupcakes
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes with Cookies & Cream Frosting
- 1 box 13? x 9? Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix + ingredients to make the brownies (see box directions)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz raspberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare brownies according to box directions and allow to cool.
- Remove from pan (in 1 big sheet) and cut as many heart shapes as possible with cookie cutter.
- Puree raspberries in food processor or blender. (if using frozen raspberries, make sure that they are completely thawed and drained of excess juice)
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and raspberry puree.
- Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer filling to a piping bag.
- Pipe filling around the edge of one of the brownie hearts, then fill in the center with more filling. Top with another brownie heart, gently pressing down to make a sandwich.
- Dust the tops with additional powdered sugar.