It seems early to be talking about Valentine's Day, doesn't it? But there you go…it's pink and you can cut it with a cookie cutter, making it perfect for heart-shaped fudge. Then again, you can really make this any time of year and cut it in any shape!
Now, I do enjoy making fudge from scratch, sometimes you want something quick and easy and this 2-ingredient microwave fudge recipe is just that. And frankly? If I am making fudge for the kids, they can't tell the difference between fudge made from scratch and microwave fudge!
This is a great recipe for that last-minute “Oh Mom – I forgot to tell you that I have to bring something to school for the party tomorrow!”. There is no candy thermometer needed, no worries that it will turn out wrong. Unless you refuse to stir the chocolate every 30 seconds while you are melting it, you literally have to TRY to mess up this recipe!
To make this, you just need 2 simple ingredients:
Just melt the entire package of chocolates/candy melts in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until complete smooth
Add in the can of frosting and stir to combine.
Press in to a pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray or parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles (optional)
Chill for about 30 minutes and then either cut in to squares with a knife or use a cookie cutter to cut them in to shapes!
See! Easy Peasy!
Have you ever made microwave fudge? What is your favorite flavor?
- 1 16oz can Strawberry Frosting
- 1 12 oz bag White Chocolate or Vanilla Candy Melts
- Heart shape decorations (optional)
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place candy melts in a medium bowl and place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir candy melts
- Continue melting candy melts in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until completely melted and smooth
- Immediately stir in frosting until well-mixed.
- Spread mixture in to the pan, smooth the top and decorate as desired
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least a half-hour to set.
- Cut into squares or use heart-shaped cookie cutter and serve.