This blondie bars recipe can be customized for any holiday by just changing the color of the candies that you use. A nice change from regular brownies!
If you are looking for a quick & easy dessert for Valentines Day, look no further than these Valentine Blondie Bars, made from scratch, these are a nice change from brownies and of course, you can customize them for any holiday just by switching up the M&M's for whatever holiday you are celebrating.
These are also a fun recipe to make with the kids. Even if you don't want them to deal with the heating of the butter and sugar, my children always love mixing in the M&M's and chocolate chips and then they "carefully" arrange them on the top as well. Make these for a party at school or even just a fun after-school snack!
To make these Valentine Blondie Bars, you will need:
2/3 cup Butter
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Valentine M&M's
Scroll down for the complete directions!
You might also want to try these easy dessert recipes
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Strawberry Topping
- Brownie Heats with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Microwave Fudge
Valentine Blondie Bars
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Valentine M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x13 Pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a medium sized saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add Eggs one at a time. Stir until incorporated.
- Add Vanilla.
- Add Flour, Salt, Baking Soda and Baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add half of the chocolate chips and M&M's and stir
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan.
- Top with remaining M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool until slightly warm.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars
Kari Wagner Hoban
These look easy to make and delicious.
Making them for my girls on Valentines Day!
Almost too pretty to eat! Thanks for linking up at Funtastic Friday.
Love these Blondes! Featuring them as part of our Valentine treat roundup tonight on Funtastic Friday!