These Baked S'Mores Cups can be just the right solution for when you are having a craving for S'Mores and they aren't nearly as messy.
Most people that I know absolutely love S'mores but not everyone can have a fire in their back yard to make them and toasting marshmallows over a gas grill or burner on your stove just isn't the same.
These Baked S'Mores Cups can be just the right solution for when you are having a craving for S'Mores and they aren't nearly as messy. (and way better for your waistline than my Double Chocolate Brownie S’Mores in a Jar recipe). Even better, you can make a big batch of these and add them to your dessert table for your next party!
If you want something a little less messy for the kids, you can also make them a batch of S’Mores Marshmallow Pops so that they don't use your sofa to clean the chocolate off their hands!)
You will notice that I am having you crush up graham crackers instead of the easier solution of just using prepackaged graham cracker crumbs. You can certainly use those instead...I just happen to prefer using cinnamon-flavored graham crackers and they don't make that flavor of the crumbs.
To make these Baked S'Mores Cups, you will need:
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 32 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" Graham cracker pieces (or 8 "long" graham cracker sheets)
- 1 cup Semisweet or Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 marshmallows
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 additional Graham cracker pieces, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor or in a plastic bag.
- Add the melted butter to the crumbs and use a fork to mix.
- Press the graham cracker mixture in to 12 holes of a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 4 or 5 chocolate chips in each graham cracker cup.
- Cut each marshmallow in half using kitchen shears. Place a marshmallow half on top of chips (cut side down). Repeat until all cups are filled
- Return the pan to to the oven for 3 minutes (until marshmallow is slightly soft).
- Remove pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cups from muffin tin to a serving platter.
- Melt remaining chips in microwave by heating for 30 seconds and stirring then repeating until melted and smooth. Top each marshmallow with chocolate
- Top chocolate with additional graham cracker crumbs.
Serve and enjoy!
I needed to take dessert for something at church tonight and was looking for something quick that would be easy to transport and serve. These popped up in my pinterest feed and fit the bill perfectly! I didn't have a mini muffin pan, so I doubled the recipe and did 12 full size muffin cups, and they turned out wonderfully! Thanks for such a simple and quick recipe!
If using graham cracker crumbs instead of crushing the crackers myself, how much crumbs should I measure out?
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs is about 7 or 8 graham crackers....so I would start with 3.5 cups of crumbs and then just add a little more if the mixture seems too moist!
Could I use coconut oil in place of butter if so would it be the same amount?
Yes - you can use coconut oil and yes the measurements would be the same!
Homemade & Yummy
These sound great!! Neat way of eating S'Mores!!
These look and sound soooooooooooooooo YUMMY !!
The perfect treats 🙂
these look like the perfect summer treat!
These look amazing! Can I make these a day before? Or do I delay some steps until the day of?
I definitely fall into the category of not being able to have a fire in the backyard and I don't even have a gas stove, so s'mores are more or less out of the question for me. Lucky for me, these s'mores cups look far better than traditional s'mores! YUM.
These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing with Merry Monday this week!
Thanks so much for joining us at Delicious Dishes! We love your Baked Smores Cups recipe and hope you’ll join us again this week!
Megin | VMG206
These look great; I LOVE S'mores!
I'm visiting from The Scoop Link Party and it's nice to meet you.