If you need a side dish to take to a picnic this weekend, or even just an easy salad to make for lunch, you are going to love this quinoa with mango salad and edamame. It is just so easy to make and is absolutely delicious!
The beauty of this recipe is that it has just 3 ingredients: quinoa, mango salsa (or you can substitute peach salsa) and shelled edamame.
I suppose I could make my own mango salsa for this recipe(it would really be as simple as swapping mango for the watermelon in my watermelon salsa recipe), but frankly, my grocery store has a fabulous fresh mango salsa that they are selling right now and Costco has an amazing peach salsa that they sell all year.
My sister is the one who gave me this recipe when she brought it to my house for a family barbecue that I was having and ever since then, I always have a batch made and in my refrigerator. It will “keep” for up to a week and is delicious both at room temperature as well as cold!
Scroll down for the recipe!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, slightly cooled
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (more to taste)
- 1 cup fresh mango salsa
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Cool slightly.
- Add the edamame to the quinoa and toss, letting the heat of the quinoa thaw the edamame (which will also cool down the quinoa)
- When completely cool, add the mango salsa to the mixture and stir to combine
- Serve and enjoy!