Try this easy watermelon salsa recipe and you will be hooked. It's great served with pita chips or you can just grab a fork and dig in!
Oh - how I love summer! My tomato plants are starting to bear fruit, my daughter's watermelon plant is FINALLY starting to grow (this is the first year we are planting watermelon, so we aren't sure how well it is going to do). My pepper plants and zucchini plants are just covered in those flowers that tell you that soon you will just be picking off veggies for dinner each night! As for my herb garden? It has taken off to the point that I have told my neighbors to just come over and take whatever they need!
Even if you don't have your own vegetable or herb garden going, you can still take advantage of the low prices on produce right now to make this refreshing easy watermelon salsa recipe! This salsa is just the right combination of sweet and savory and is guaranteed to be on your menu all summer long! If you are serving it as an appetizer or side dish, I like to serve it with some Stacy's Pita Chips (then again, I like to serve everything with those).
But honestly? The best way to serve it is to just put a big scoop of this watermelon salsa in a bowl, grab a fork and just eat (although when I do that, I tend to cut the watermelon chunks a little larger)
To make this easy watermelon salsa recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups diced watermelon, seeds removed
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber (or zucchini)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Fresh Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow all the flavors to meld together.
- Serve and enjoy!
You might want to try these other summer salads:
- Strawberry, Walnut and Spinach Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon Recipe
- Wedge Salad With Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Spinach Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe