You may have heard that Starbucks came out with some "summer flavors" for their well-loved Frappuccino line and one of those flavors is the Cotton Candy Frappuccino. Like the Vanilla Bean and Strawberries & Cream Frapps, the Cotton Candy Frappuccino does not actually contain coffee (don't forget to try my copycat Vanilla Bean Frappuccino recipe!)
I think that these are a little too sweet, buy my children just went nuts for them and they do taste exactly like the ones that you order at Starbucks. Since they are likely going to be discontinued at the end of the summer, you will be able to make them any time you want!
The cotton candy flavor comes from making a syrup out of raspberry preserves, a little sugar and water. The syrup recipe will make enough for about 4 or 5 Cotton Candy Frappuccinos, so if you are just making a "Frapp For One", just store any leftover syrup in an airtight container for up to a week!
Serve this with some homemade whipped cream for an even more decadent treat!
Scroll down for the recipe - and don't forget to check out my searchable Recipe Index for even more delicious ideas!
Cotton Candy Frappuccino Recipe | Copycat Starbucks Recipe
For the Raspberry Syrup
- 1/2 cup Seedless Raspberry All Fruit Spread
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
For the Cotton Candy Frappuccino
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 scoop Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 3 tbsp Raspberry Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- Red Food Coloring optional
- Whipped Cream for topping
Make the Syrup
- Place syrup ingredients in small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Make the Cotton Candy Frappuccino
- Put ice, milk, vanilla and ice cream in blender. Add 1 drop of red food coloring (optional)
- Add raspberry syrup and blend for 20 seconds or until you reach proper consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and serve
Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh
Stopping by from the link up party. Oh my! I have only heard of the summer flavors at Starbucks. I've been so busy I haven't had time to stop by. And now I can just make this scrumptious looking drink at home! 🙂
Wow cotton candy. I have never tried this at Starbucks as I am stuck on White Chocolate Mocha. This looks yummy. Thanks for linking up at #HomeMattersParty this week hope you will come back next week to link up again.