This crockpot chicken tortilla soup is just the right blend of spices and will warm you on a cold day. Serve it with a crusty roll and salad for a full meal!
Want more great recipes? Make sure that you sign up for my FREE Weekly newsletter!
Now that the holidays are over, you would think that we would have more time to cook. In fact, it seems just the opposite. There is basketball practices, play practice, orchestra/chorus concerts…not to mention keeping up with all the the regular stuff in our lives. To make dinner easier, I am always looking for easy chicken recipes and this crockpot tortilla soup fits the bill quite nicely!
To make it, you will need:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen corn kernels
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 onion
- 1 Jalapeno diced (seeds removed)
- 1 can Rotel (not drained)
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 6 Corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheese (use Cheddar or a Cheddar-Jack blend)
Making it is so simple…..
Just throw everything except the cheese, tortillas, cilantro and corn in the crockpot on low (use a 5 Qt crockpot – this is my favorite one). After about 6 hours, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
Return the chicken to the crockpot along with the corn and cilantro. Slice 2 of the tortillas up and add them to the pot. Cook for another hour until heated through! Garnish with the cheese and the other 4 tortillas that have been cut in to strips and crisped in the oven!
Scroll down for more detailed directions!
Make sure to check out these other Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- How to Make Oven Baked Chicken
- Chicken Honey Mustard with Potato Wedges
- Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe – Chicken Parmesan Casserole