This hot corn & black bean dip is always a crowd pleaser and made from ingredients that you probably already have in your house!
If you are looking for a last-minute dip recipe for your party (or to take to a party), look no further than my Hot Corn & Black Bean dip! Full of ooey-gooey cheesy goodness, this dip is sure to satisfy!
This recipe is a tweak of the famous Tricia Yearwood Corn Dip. I always thought that dip was a little bland (and I don't like using canned corn). I also like adding the black beans to give the recipe a little "bulk" and more color! Serve this dip with tortilla chips and you will have a happy crowd!
The last time I made this dip, I actually made a triple batch of it and spooned it in to smaller dishes (I have a bunch of 4" x 4" dishes - I am always looking for them on clearance at Wegmans when I can get them for about $2) and cooked one of them and tightly wrapped the others in foil and froze them. It makes last-minute entertaining easier because you know that you always have something "nice" that you can defrost, cook and serve!
To make it, you will need:
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 2 4-oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese (or 1 cup of Cheddar and 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp seasoned salt (I use Lawry’s)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
Scroll down for the complete recipe!
Do you have a favorite last-minute dip to throw together?
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Spray a 9x9 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, black beans, chiles, cheeses, seasoned salt and mayonnaise until combined.
- Spread the mixture in to the prepared dish and bake, uncovered for about 25 minutes or until completely heated through and bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
You might also want to check out these other game day recipes:
- Best Dip for Doritos
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls Recipe