This no-bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is absolutely delicious and easy to make. With a crust made from crushed Oreos, it is sure to please!
I think that by now it is well-documented that we have a little bit of an Oreo obsession in my house (at least, as far as my kids are concerned). I even have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to Oreo recipes so that I don't run out of ideas! (are you following me on Pinterest yet?). My children beg me to make my Oreo Truffles recipe all the time and they just love helping to make our Oreo Poke Cake (although there is usually an argument over which one of them gets to do the "poking")!
I shared with you my recipe for a Cherry Chocolate Chip pie before, but since we have been making a move to eating more healthy in the house (yes - know that is a funny thing to write in a post that also includes a deep love of Oreos....we all have our weaknesses!), I wanted a version that didn't rely on canned pie filling and frozen non-dairy whipped topping - one that includes slightly fewer processed ingredients.
This No Bake Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake With Oreo Crust recipe combines my homemade whipped cream recipe with fresh-frozen cherries. You can use fresh whole cherries if you like, but then you will need to pit them yourself. I have had good luck at Wegmans with them always having pitted cherries with no sugar added in the frozen section - often at a cheaper price per pound than fresh. Better still, once the cherries have thawed, they are a little "soggy", which I think is a better consistency in this pie. Since I usually have frozen cherries in my freezer (as well as all the other ingredients), I can make this cherry chocolate chip cheesecake with very little notice!
Anyway....since you are using gelatin that needs time to firm, this isn't a recipe that you can whip up at the last minute. But if you have a few hours to let the gelatin set, this cherry chocolate chip cheesecake is sure to be a hit with your family and friends! Just make it in the morning for a late-afternoon or evening party and you should be good to go!
Scroll down for the recipe!
For the Crust
- 22 Oreo Cookies or chocolate sandwich cookies of your choice
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
For the Filling
- 16 oz 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large box 6 oz cherry-flavored gelatin
- 12 oz frozen cherries thawed
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips + additional for garnish
Make the crust
- Crush Oreos in a food processor
- Add melted butter and sugar and stir to combine
- Press mixture in to the bottom and halfway up the sides of a springform pan.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill
Make the Filling
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until well-blended. Set aside
- In a separate bowl dissolve the gelatin with 1 1/2 cup boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Dice about 2/3 of the cherries.
- Whip together the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Once the gelatin has begun to thicken, fold the whipped cream in to the gelatin.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture in to the whipped cream mixture.
- Fold in the diced cherries and chocolate chips and gently stir until well-blended.
- Pour the filling in to the springform pan and garnish with the remaining cherries and extra chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm
Wow this looks too good! I am always looking for new dessert recipes. Over on my blog I just posted my favorite peach parfait pie recipe. I hope you will check it out. I am sending your post over to all my dessert loving friends! - Seri from http://www.serisblog.com
Christine @ A Sprinkle of This and That
Oreo obsessions are a good thing! Love this pie! Coming from Worthwhile Wednesdays link up party!
YUM!!! I think I gained weight just looking at this! 🙂 Ha! It looks crazy good!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. Hope you join us again next week! The door opens Friday EST.
Yum!! This looks scrummy #busyMonday
This looks really good. I have a husband and daughter who both LOVE anything cherry. Visiting from Show + Tell party.
your cheesecake looks so yummy!
This is mu kind of easy pie! Thanks for linkin' up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!
Laura | Food Fun Family
Wow! I am drooling! I love Oreo crust...and cheesecake. So this is pretty much perfection! Thanks so much for sharing at Delicious Dishes recipe party!
Sandra L Garth
Sweet Mother of Pearl this looks amazing!
I have to try your recipe since I love cherries and all kinds of no-bake cheesecakes:-))))