Ok - I admit it - I have kind of a "thing" for truffles (make sure that you try my Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls!). They are just the perfect portion-size when you want something sweet and they are always the first thing to go on any cookie tray that I make. I also enjoy making them look as nice or as fun as I can, and these snowman truffles are just too good not to share with you!
To make them, you will need:
- 12 White Chocolate Truffles (or you can make my Oreo Truffles, covered in white chocolate)
- 1/4 cup White Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup Black Candy Melts
- 3 Orange Starburst candies
- 12 Hershey Hugs
- 6 Mini Oreos separated into 2 cookies with filling removed
- 12 Rolos
- 1 Red Fruit by the Foot
- 1 Blue or Green Fruit by the Foot
- Heat White Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Dip bottom of truffle in white chocolate and place on wax paper. Allow to set. Dip bottom of truffle in white chocolate a second time to help create a lip around bottom and place on wax paper. Allow to set. (if you are using my Oreo Truffles recipe, you can skip this part because your truffle will probably already have a flat "base")
- Cut Fruit by the Foot into 5-6" lengths and then cut each in half lengthwise (to make scarves).
- Cut Starburst into thirds. Then cut each of these diagonally and roll with fingers to form carrot noses. Repeat.
- Dip end or carrot noses in white chocolate and place on truffles.
- Heat Black Candy Chips in small bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Use a toothpick to paint on dots for eyes and mouth. Allow to set.
- Insert toothpicks in the large end of Rolos and set in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Dip Oreo halves in black chocolate and set on wax paper.
- Dip Rolos in black chocolate and rotate and gently shake off excess and place on top of Oreos. Allow to set.
- Place a small amount of white chocolate on top of truffle and place "hat" on top of truffle.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Wrap a scarf around each truffle overlapping material.
- Gently remove toothpick from top of hat and use end of toothpick dipped in black chocolate to cover hole.