If you are still looking for a recipe for your next party, these bacon-wrapped smokies with a brown sugar glaze are just about one of the easiest things that you can make….and will probably be one of the first to be gobbled up from the table! The brown sugar glaze is the perfect complement to the saltiness of the bacon and the savory smoky sausage!
Making them is easy….you can even assemble them in advance and pop them in the oven 15 minutes before you are ready to serve (they really are best served hot!)
You will need:
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Lit’l Smokies (I use Hillshire Farms)
- 1 pkg (12 oz) thick cut bacon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this will make clean-up MUCH easier)
- Cut each bacon slice in to 3 or 4 pieces.
- Wrap each bacon piece around a sausage allowing for a slight overlap – don’t wrap them too tight).
- Secure with a toothpick and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the bacon & sausages.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the sausages
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the bacon is browned and the sugar is melted.
- Serve immediately.
I don’t think that these really need any dipping sauce, but I usually serve them with a small bowl of ketchup or mustard!
You might want to also try these great recipes for your Game Day party!
- Dip for Doritos Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Crescent Rolls
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pockets
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe