These Baked S'Mores Cups can be just the right solution for when you are having a craving for S'Mores and they aren't nearly as messy.
Most people that I know absolutely love S'mores but not everyone can have a fire in their back yard to make them and toasting marshmallows over a gas grill or burner on your stove just isn't the same.
These Baked S'Mores Cups can be just the right solution for when you are having a craving for S'Mores and they aren't nearly as messy. (and way better for your waistline than my Double Chocolate Brownie S’Mores in a Jar recipe). Even better, you can make a big batch of these and add them to your dessert table for your next party!
If you want something a little less messy for the kids, you can also make them a batch of S’Mores Marshmallow Pops so that they don't use your sofa to clean the chocolate off their hands!)
You will notice that I am having you crush up graham crackers instead of the easier solution of just using prepackaged graham cracker crumbs. You can certainly use those instead…I just happen to prefer using cinnamon-flavored graham crackers and they don't make that flavor of the crumbs.
To make these Baked S'Mores Cups, you will need:
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 32 2 1/2″ x 1 1/4″ Graham cracker pieces (or 8 “long” graham cracker sheets)
- 1 cup Semisweet or Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 marshmallows
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 2 additional Graham cracker pieces, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor or in a plastic bag.
- Add the melted butter to the crumbs and use a fork to mix.
- Press the graham cracker mixture in to 12 holes of a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 4 or 5 chocolate chips in each graham cracker cup.
- Cut each marshmallow in half using kitchen shears. Place a marshmallow half on top of chips (cut side down). Repeat until all cups are filled
- Return the pan to to the oven for 3 minutes (until marshmallow is slightly soft).
- Remove pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cups from muffin tin to a serving platter.
- Melt remaining chips in microwave by heating for 30 seconds and stirring then repeating until melted and smooth. Top each marshmallow with chocolate
- Top chocolate with additional graham cracker crumbs.
Serve and enjoy!