So I have a "thing" for making desserts in a jar. I think they look really cute and I just love how they provide the perfect portion size and help prevent me from overindulging. Of course, nothing is ever stopping me from eating more than 1, except for the sheer embarrassment factor!
And yes - just in case you noticed, I HAVE been on a little bit of "chocolate baking binge" lately. Between my Peanut Butter & Oreo Stuffed Brownies, my Baked S’Mores Cups Recipe and my Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies Copycat Recipe, all of the chocolate needs of my family have been MORE than met recently. Perhaps I should work on something healthier in the next few weeks?
I made these for a party, so this recipe will make 15 1/2 pint jelly jar servings. You can easily halve this recipe to make them for a smaller crowd.
Scroll down for the recipe!
You might also like these other chocolate recipes:
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Strawberry Topping
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
- How To Make Homemade Thin Mints | Copycat Girl Scout Cookies
Double Chocolate Brownie S'Mores in a Jar
For the brownies:
- 6 tbs. cocoa powder
- 2 tbs. oil
- 1/3 C. butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. sugar
- ¾ C. flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 C. mini marshmallows
- chocolate syrup
- 2 sleeves of chocolate graham crackers crushed into crumbs
OTHER STUFF NEEDED:
- non-stick spray
- 8 ×8 baking dish
- 15 ½ pint jelly jars
Make The Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients – 2 tbs. oil, 1/3 C. butter or margarine and your eggs.
- Slowly fold in your dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased 8×8 baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Around 25 minutes insert a toothpick into the brownies and if it comes out clean, they are done. Let the brownies cool a few hours prior to layering your s’mores jars.
Assemble Your Jars
- Cut your cooled brownies into small chunks.
- Add a 1” layer of brownie to the bottom of each jar. Add 1-2 tbs of chocolate graham cracker crumbs, then a layer of chocolate syrup and finally 6-8 mini marshmallows. Repeat with a second layer of each. Top with a few extra marshmallows.
- *Makes approximately 15 ½ pint jelly jars. 1 jar = 1 serving. If not serving immediately, store covered.
Emily @ Simple Life Of A Fire Wife
I'm with you, desserts in a jar are too cute! We are big s'mores lovers around here, so I am excited to try this! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Mondays!
This looks so delicious! It is so cute in the jar it has to be good for you! Thanks for linking up at The Living With Style Linky Party!
Lisa - http://www.harmonyandhappiness.com
This looks absolutely delectable! Thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipe on the Monday Funday Party! XO