So I think we have a well-established love of Oreo cookies at Moms Need To Know.
Actually, I can take or leave them (and most sweets), but my husband and 3 children absolutely adore them (and I am always asked at church when I am going to bring in another batch of my Oreo Truffles recipe)….to the point where I have to hide them from them and “portion them out” to my family. Otherwise, one pack of Oreos would be gone within an hour of me getting home from the grocery store!
Since they all love them so much, I am always looking for new ways to serve them. I will make Oreo Football Cake pops on Sundays during football season, use Oreos to make a crust for cheesecake….I will even bake Oreos in to a cupcake and then add it to the frosting!
Last year, we used Peppermint Oreos (also called Candy Cane Oreos in some stores) to make me Peppermint Oreo Truffles and those are always a big hit, both at home and at church (and freeze beautifully), but this time I wanted something with a little more “WOW Factor” and would look really good on a cookie tray.
These candy cane covered Oreos do just that (and are the perfect treat for anyone who REALLY loves the taste of peppermint). Thanks to the seasonal availability of Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, you can bathe your Peppermint Oreos in even more minty goodness!
If you can't find the candy cane Kisses, you can always grab some pink coating chocolate and use some peppermint flavoring to have (almost) the same visual effect!
Scroll down for the recipe!
Products That Can Be Helpful!
- 8 oz Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- 12 Peppermint/Candy Cane Oreos
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Holiday Candy Decorations
- Line a cookie sheet or cutting board with parchment paper.
- Place 12 Oreos on sheet and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Unwrap Kisses and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt by microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring, then repeating until melted and smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until well-mixed.
- Using a fork or candy dipping tools, dip Oreos in melted candy and flip to ensure complete coating.
- Shake off excess and return to prepared sheet.
- Decorate top with decoration if desired.
- Return to refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.