The next time you need to bake a dessert that is sure to impress, skip the usual chocolate chip cookies or vanilla cake and go straight to the store to buy all of the ingredients you need for these amazing Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars. With the smooth and creamy cheesecake, the tartness of the apples and the sweetness of the caramel drizzle, your friends and family will think they died and went straight to Heaven. Don't plan on having any leftovers and make sure you are first in line. Your guests are sure to savor every last crumb of this amazing All-American dessert.
Sure, you could just buy a cheesecake at the store, but store-bought cheesecakes always taste flat, bland and a little freezer burned. Make your own cheesecake with these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars, however, and you'll achieve a savory taste that is out of this world. Your friends and family won't believe you made this yourself. It is that good.
Not only is this recipe mouthwateringly delicious, but it is healthier for you than a store-bought cheesecake as well. It contains real ingredients like apples, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, without all of those additives, preservatives and food dyes that you'll find in those processed chemical concoctions at the store. As a bonus, you can even make your own sauce to drizzle on top with this homemade caramel sauce recipe.
Fall is almost here, which means that apple season isn't far behind. If you love apples as much as I do, be sure to whip up a batch of these Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars and don't forget to check out my crockpot apple recipes that you can make ahead of time and freeze.
Scroll down for the recipe and instructions!
You might want to try these other sweet treats:
- Easy Coconut Pie Recipe
- Caramel Apple Cupcake with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- No-Bake Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Crock Pot Apple Crisp With Cranberries
- 2 cup Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Sticks Butter softened
- 3 packages Cream Cheese (8 oz.) softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Granny Smith Apples peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Quick Oats
- 1 stick Butter Softened
- 1 jar store-bought Caramel Topping (to drizzle) or you can try my homemade caramel sauce recipe
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, being sure to leave overhang on all four sides (this will allow you to remove it easily later).
- Add flour and brown sugar to a medium sized bowl.
- Cut in butter with 2 forks or a pastry blender until your mix is crumbly
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla and Sugar to a large bowl.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs to mixture, 1 at a time, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into baked crust.
- Combine apples, sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix together until apples are coated well.
- Sprinkle apple pieces evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Add brown sugar, flour, quick oats and softened butter to a medium sized bowl and combine well.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over your apple layer.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and then place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from pan and cut into 16 evenly sized bars.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.