If you have been looking for an easy cinnamon roll recipe so that you can make fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls…look no further!
While cereal, English muffins and scrambled eggs are great choices for the average morning meal, they just don’t have enough “wow factor” for those days when you truly want to celebrate or show off your baking skills. Special mornings call for special breakfasts. One of my favorite recipes to make for special mornings is this easy cinnamon roll recipe, and after you try it–it is sure to become one of your favorites as well!
Not only is this easy cinnamon roll recipe made up of ingredients that you already have on hand anyway, but it is incredibly easy to make. Simply stir, knead, spread and cut, and you’ve got a fresh batch of homemade cinnamon rolls your friends and family won’t believe you made from scratch. These warm, gooey and flavorful cinnamon rolls are sure to be the hit of any morning breakfast or brunch. Be sure to make plenty, because–just like with your favorite easy donut recipe–there is no way you or your friends will be eating just one.
In addition to being easy and delicious, this easy cinnamon roll recipe also has the added benefit of being healthier for you as well. You won’t find any strange preservatives or artificial ingredients here. Only whole, wholesome ingredients that you actually know what they are. Serve your family a delicious desert-like breakfast without worrying that you will ruin their health. Your kids will love you for it!
The next time you have a special birthday or holiday to celebrate, or you simply want to bake a brunch that is sure to impress, this recipe is sure to do the trick! Be sure to bake plenty, because they are sure to go fast!
Scroll down for the complete directions!
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup white Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- In a small bowl, mix ¾ cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the butter and milk and mix with your hands until it becomes a kneadable dough.
- Split the dough in half. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a clean surface and roll out the dough to be a rectangle shape about ½ inch or less thick.
- Melt additional butter and spread over the dough but make sure you do not get it all the way to the edges. Sprinkle some of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the top of the dough.
- Roll the entire rectangle up and slice into 8 pieces.
- Place in a greased 9x9 cake pan (you will need 2).
- Repeat with the other half of the dough.
- Bake the rolls at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are slightly brown. Top with frosting.
- Whip all ingredients together in a large bowl. You may need to add more or less milk depending on the consistency you desire for the frosting.
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.